Chocolate is a favorite dessert of many people. Not only it is very tasty, but also chocolate has many beneficial properties and even can help to improve one’s mood! However, not many people know that it is possible to do face masks with the use of chocolate and that these masks can make a very good job hydrating, lifting, rejuvenating and toning your face. Note that while making these homemade “chocolate masks” it is preferable to use good quality chocolate with the percentage of cocoa of minimum 70% or more. You will find some wonderful ideas of making and applying chocolate Homemade Face Mask in this the today’s article.
Benefits of an Edible Chocolate Face Mask
The ingredients in the Edible Chocolate Face Mask Recipe are great for one’s skin. Each of these ingredients has different benefits.
Cocoa Powder Benefits
- Cocoa lessens redness and inflammation caused by acne and improves your skin by making it brighter and clearer
- The caffeine and the bromine found in cocoa powder make skin firm, taut and toned
- A cocoa face mask can treat sagging skin, puffy skin and even under eye bags easily.
- Oatmeal is gentle on the skin, yet highly powerful.
- Not only is it a gentile defoliant for removing dead skin, it can also provide soothing relief from sunburn, poison ivy or other irritations.
- Oatmeal is also said to heal skin and open pores. It has been used to promote healthy, beautiful skin for a long time.
- Honey is not only delicious and good for our insides; dabbing some honey on your skin can provide a host of benefits. Here are some benefits of honey on skin
- Honey is Antibacterial
- Honey Nourishes Your Largest Organ
- Honey Is A Powerful Wound Healer
The Edible Chocolate Face Mask Recipe is fun and easy to make. The ingredients are all natural and good for your skin. You will need cocoa powder, honey, Greek yogurt, and oatmeal for this recipe.
Edible Chocolate Face Mask Recipe Directions
Ingredients for a Group Use (Multiply ingredients as needed)
3 tbsp. ground or finely blended oatmeal
2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
1/3 c. Cocoa powder
1/4 c. honey
Ingredients for Individual Use
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. ground or finely blended oatmeal
2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
Carefully mix all the ingredients listed until homogeneous (well mixed).
Pull hair back into a ponytail and use a headband to keep any stray hairs out-of-the-way.
Apply to face while gently massaging into skin.
For best results leave on for up to 30 minutes (maybe for younger girls only 15 minutes due to their attention span)
When done wash off with warm water and feel soft skin.
This Edible Chocolate Face Mask Recipe is great for little girl spa parties. Once the girls have covered their faces in this chocolate face mask, they can eat the leftovers for a sweet treat. Or make some chocolate chip Greek yogurt cookies with it or check out this recipe for chocolate yogurt pudding. It is all natural and edible so have fun and enjoy.
Now, I want to share some of the ingredients with you guys to have a glowing skin even after being dusted or have a sunburn.
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 3 – 5 squares dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground oatmeal (you can grind it in a blender)
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- Mix all ingredients into a smooth, creamy paste.
- Massage into face in a gentle, circular motion.
- Leave on 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Store the remaining facial mask in a refrigerator for later use.
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask for Dull Skin
You Will Need
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 4 tablespoons coffee powder
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream (you may use almond milk, yogurt,or coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
What You Have To Do
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Apply the pack on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off.
How Often You Should Do This
Once a week.
Why This Works
This face pack not only nourishes your skin but also gently exfoliates it. The coconut oil keeps it hydrated, the dairy product moisturizes it, and the cocoa powder soothes your skin as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
This facial mask not only smells incredible (& yes you can eat it ), but it will leave your face wonderfully soft and smooth. Cocoa powder provides antioxidant properties that help protect skin from free radicals. Honey is a natural humectant and yogurt adds lactic acid to help dissolve dead skin cells.
What you need
- 2 T (28g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T (30ml) plain yogurt
- 1 T (15ml) honey
How to make it
Mix all the ingredients in the same bowl. Apply to all face and neck, avoiding eye area. Kick back, relax and enjoy the delicious for about 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Makes one application.
So, my chocolaty mates, I hope you’ve enjoyed these amazing ideas of homemade chocolate face masks. You will be very amazed by the result if you will practice them at home individually or along with your other friends. You can share your experience or more custom ideas related to any chocolate homemade masks or remedy down in the comments.